Timothy Long, Ph.D.
Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
|Ph.D. Chemistry||University of South Florida||Tampa, FL||2003|
|B.S. Biology||University of South Florida||Tampa, FL||1999|
- Post-doctoral Experience
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 2004
- Honors and Awards
- 2013 Faculty of the Year, Phi Delta Chi Professional Pharm. Fraternity, Alpha Iota Chapter
2012 Faculty of the Year, Phi Delta Chi Professional Pharm. Fraternity, Alpha Iota Chapter
- Research Interests
- Overall research focus in the Long laboratory is on the discovery and development of therapeutics for infectious diseases. Current research projects include the synthesis and evaluation of compounds as anti-biofilm agents in Pseudomonas and isothiocyanate-based inhibitors as anti-sepsis agents.
- Representative Publications
- Long, TE; Williams, J. Cephalosporins Currently in Early Clinical trials for the Treatment of Bacterial Infections. Expert Opin. Investig. Drugs 2014, 23, 1375-1387.
Wencewicz, T.; Long, T. E.; Möllmann, U.; Miller, M. J. "Trihydroxamate Siderophore Fluoroquinolone Conjugates are Selective Sideromycin Antibiotics that Target Staphylococcus aureus," Bioconjugate Chem. 2013, 24, 473-486.
Lu, X.; Altharawi, A.; Gut, J.; Rosenthal, P. J.; Long, T. E. "1,4-Naphthoquinone Cations as Antiplasmodial Agents: Hydroxy-, Acyloxy-, and Alkoxy-Substituted Analogs," ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2012, 3, 1029– 1033.
Lu, X.; Altharawi, A.; Hansen, E. N.; Long, T. E. "Phase-Transfer Catalysts in the O-Alkylation of 2- Hydroxynaphthoquinones," Synthesis 2012, 44, 3225-3230.
Mock, J. N; Taliaferro, J. P.; Lu, X.; Patel, S. K.; Cummings, B. S.; Long, T. E. "Haloenol Pyranones and Morpholinones as Antineoplastic Agents of Prostate Cancer," Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2012, 22 4854- 4858.